|Location: New York||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Healthcare / Pharma, Private Equity, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Operations / Change / Transformation, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Patrick Blakeney|
The Barton Partnership has been retained on an exclusive basis for an Executive hire for a VP, Ventures & Corporate Development with a start-up business that continue to establish themselves as a both a premier and reputable brand in the Pharmaceutical industry over the last 12+ years.
With a diverse portfolio of innovative products, a strong cash position and known as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, they are allocating their capital investment strategy into expansion across the US market to further their competitive advantage and diversify their assets.
The ideal candidate should possess a comprehensive understanding of the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical landscape and be responsible for all Deal Origination & Integration activities Ventures, Mergers, Acquisitions, Corporate Strategy, and internal consulting to increase market share. You will also be accountable for but not limited to the following.
- Deal Sourcing - Identify, assess and select various business ventures including sell-side listings and buy-side mandates.
- Provide commercial advice to the CEO on the business, specifically in the area product analysis, feasibility studies and new markets to expand.
- Lead new business acquisitions as well as identifying joint ventures.
- Develop market intelligence and network with key stakeholders across the industry.
- Identify industry and targeted geographies to promote private equity investments.
- Execute deals and transition them to the business for successful integration.
- Execute buy side commercial due diligence and delivery of full engagement and integration.
- Actively lead all Go-To-Market strategies (Market demand, Product roadmap, Pricing Strategy etc.).
- Create long range plans for corporate growth through new business initiatives.
- Proven track record of company analysis, DCF analysis and accretion/dilution
- Identify all ongoing costs needed and any legal issues that may apply to the products.
- Perform detailed financial analysis; develop comprehensive pro forma financial models, valuation analysis, and synergy models in support of potential transactions.
- Partner with C-Suite stakeholders to identify key search criteria and to implement search strategies that are well aligned with financial commercial, and corporate goals
This role presents a unique opportunity to design the direction of an organization that are looking to grow their market share in the US. It also demands the right candidate to have a highly adaptable entrepreneurial background, ability to network, implement all necessary protocols and operating models while having the vision to navigate around business challenges.
- BA / BS degree required with relevant coursework. MBA preferred.
- Entrepreneurial passion and desire to cultivate and grow a business.
- Strong experience in Deal sourcing and business integration (required).
- Extensive work experience within a Healthcare/Pharmaceutical organization.
- Preferred experience in Investment Banking (required) or Management Consulting with a focus on within Healthcare and/or Pharmaceuticals.
- Experience working within a start-up environment or autonomous roles.
- Previously supported & presented to the executive team, ideally supporting the CEO.
- Advanced research and analytical skills and possess the ability to incorporate the most suitable practices and innovation into project recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with C-level executives and other senior leaders of the company.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to summarize information is a must.
- Self-motivated with a professional business etiquette.
- Advanced skillset in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to demonstrate professionalism in a corporate environment.