|Location: London||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Healthcare / Pharma, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Thomas Rodwell|
My client is a major pillar in the world’s largest digital content company. This business operates at the forefront of the digital revolution with award-winning online solutions continually enhanced by emerging technologies such as blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Using innovative technology, they are able to deliver our content through tools that help our customers advance science and health by being more productive and successful in their work.
The business operates in over 100 countries across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
Develop and drive vision and strategic priorities Develop and maintain the overall product strategy, setting growth ambitions and outlining high level product plans and priorities
- Deepen our understanding of and quantifying our value add to researchers and the key drivers and barriers for evolution of technology solutions in scholarly communication
- Develop understanding market fundamentals incl (segment) customer needs, market sizing/segmentation, strategic differentiation, regional differentiation, and business models.
- Lead and drive to conclusion critical strategic analyses to support priority strategic issues or questions
Planning and Execution
Own the strategic planning processes:
- Work closely with product leads to develop and implement their product roadmaps and align plans and targets with ETS, Operations, STMJ and Sales4.
- Identify key success factors/enablers to deliver on the operational and strategic agenda
- Assess and develop organizational effectiveness and drive change where required
- Coordinate monthly reporting to support senior team members in planning and performance management
- Evaluate opportunities around growth and performance improvemenT
- Develop proposals for key investments
- Monitor competitive landscape and review and provide strategic recommendations regarding potential acquisitions and strategic alliances
- Lead the acquisition process, articulating the strategic impact in terms of content and growth revenues as well as innovation, outlining integration options and cost implications~
- Contribute to business development deal discussions, negotiations, and due diligence, including definition of clear strategic rationale
* Industry side experience in a strategy, operational or commercial capacity
* Experience in a recognised strategy house.
* Exceptional problem-solving skills, e.g., able to structure difficult/ambiguous problems and suggest pragmatic ways to solve them.