|Location: UK (Outside London)||Salary: £130,000 + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Burney|
Highly respected niche retail business, well positioned for high growth with a target to double revenue over the next 5 years via combination of organic, inorganic and partnership growth.
With an average 27% annual growth rate for 15 years, our business is accustomed to change and transformation. Having conducted a review of the market, we have uncovered enough opportunity to double the size of our business, conservatively, in the next 5 years. This growth will come via the edition of a new category, through organic growth of existing categories, and through acquisition of competitor companies.
To help us on this new growth journey we are hiring a strategic leader to take on the newly created Strategy Director position. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Strategy Director will be an integral part of the leadership team, working closely with the Chief Executive, the Managing Director and other colleagues to shape the strategy, create the framework and guide the business through the execution, capturing the full value of the opportunity.
- Market Assessment: Conduct a robust market assessment using research and analysis to confirm the growth opportunity in existing and new markets.
- Strategy Development: Work with Exec team and key business leaders to determine the businesses strategic goals and create a framework for implementation and to track the execution of key strategic projects.
- Corporate Development: Clarify the acquisition strategy in accordance with strategic goals, identify and assess targets, and work closely with the CFO to execute on appropriate acquisitions.
- Discrete Projects: working with the executive team on discrete strategic projects.
- Analytical and decisive leader with experience in a leading strategy consulting firm, and/or leading the corporate strategy function for a global company.
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine question, and influence multiple decision makers.
- Solid experience of the retail, wholesale, or consumer packaged goods sectors.
- Track record of developing and delivering high impact and successful strategies for consumer product trading / retail businesses.
- Strategic planning experience in a corporate environment, or experience of supporting corporate clients with strategy development.
- Professional maturity, with ability to work alongside senior executives, influencing others and managing conflicting views.
- Collaborative, with ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with diverse functional teams.
- Gravitas and values led, respectful of the nature and culture of a family business