|Location: London||Salary: £85,000 - £95,000 + Bonus|
|Sector: Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Greg Limb|
I am currently working with a global media business that over the past 18 months has redeveloped its senior leadership team.
Over the past year and a half, The Barton Partnership has worked with this business to hire individuals across Strategy, Corporate Development and Product functions. Following the appointment of a new CEO and Director of Corporate Development & Strategy, the business has seen 15% year on year growth following the transformation of the companies’ strategy and product focus.
We have now been engaged once again to hire a Senior Strategy and Product Manager who will help to manage the on-going product development process, working with international operating offices to implement the new strategy. Given the heavy M&A agenda, the successful individual must have experience in commercial due diligence/deal origination as well.
You will be expected to:
- Report directly to Head of Product Development and work closely with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team
- Track and analyse competitors, feeding ‘best practice’ from competitors into the product development and M&A process
- Ensuring that the product strategy of the company is met through constantly assessing customer requirements, preparing business plans for new product lines and detailing enhancements
- Contribute to the delivery of pragmatic business strategies
- Contributing to the delivery of robust, pragmatic strategies that will stand up to CEO / board scrutiny and be implemented by the key operational teams
- Track and analyse competitors, feeding ‘best practice’ and innovation from competitors into the product development process.
Experience and knowledge:
- Ability to combine operational knowledge with broad strategic insight
- Ability to constantly adapt to a fast-changing corporate and external environment
- Ability to translate strategic vision into action
- Strategy and CDD consulting skills
- Experience in the Media/B2B Media Sector is ideal
Skills and personal qualities required:
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions, demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities
- Evidence of the ability to make consistently good decisions
- Have the gravitas to effectively manage senior level relationships/stakeholder management at all levels
- Strong financial, analytical and numeric skills
- Ability to challenge effectively with strong arguments whilst maintaining good working relationships
- Is able to work autonomously and not to depend on regular direct supervision