|Location: London||Salary: Competitive Compensation|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Digital, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adam Leach|
My client is the multi-award-winning company behind two of the fastest growing eCommerce brands in the UK. They are the second largest pureplay online retailer, with annual sales of £1.8 billion, 1.2 million website visits a day, and with over 60% of online sales completed on mobile devices.
They have a stellar team, made up of a combination of all of who are innovators, ambitious and are always looking to push boundaries and explore what is possible to ensure they stay at the cutting edge of digital retail.
This role sits within the data strategy & intelligence team led by an ex-Mckinsey AP - one of the most innovative teams within the business.
They are putting data at the heart of decision-making across the entire business. Whether it's understanding the root causes of day-to-day trading performance, or using algorithmic decisioning to improve customer experience, the data Intelligence team is at the core and driving this new mindset throughout the company.
They view Data as a megatrend on the same scale as the computing revolution. The future will look very different. This brings a host of opportunities and threats, from startups and new business models, to new AI-enabled ways to shop. The business is in a fantastic position to take advantage of this, with an incredibly rich dataset, and a new CEO who has emphasised Data as a priority - securing a multi-million-pound budget to drive forward a future-proof Data environment.
Our client is now looking for exceptional Data Strategists to own and drive the mission to maximise the value they get from Data, now and in the future. This will involve:
- Working with stakeholders across the business to understand what Data can do for them -- now, next year or in 5 years' time
- Ensuring a clear vision for data in the business, that our senior-most leaders are aligned, and that we as a company are moving in the right direction
- Identifying where we could be getting more value from Data, and prioritising/ mobilising resources to make it happen
This is a role for someone who:
- Cares both about having impact now as well as leading us into the future
- Is relentlessly impact-driven, never letting go of the critical path
- Is excited by the future of Data, from advanced analytics to applications of cutting-edge AI
- Thinks and communicates with absolute clarity
- Is great with people (both technical and non-technical) and can inspire, educate and bring others around to a common vision