|Location: Singapore||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Energy / Oil & Gas / Utilities / Mining, Industrials / Business Services / Transport||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Tuvshin Ganbold|
Our client has invested over $2B to increase annual production and sales from its Metallurgical Coal assets. The Metallurgical Coal sales team manages ~23Mt of sales and is one of the largest seaborne producer requiring world class market intelligence and forecasting.
Commercial value generation
- Support the market intelligence process that includes gathering, collating, filtering, analysing and interpreting market data and information specific to the commodity and associated markets.
- Identify and qualify market arbitrage and value optimisation opportunities required for robust marketing strategy formulation, business/ tactical planning and execution.
- Support the Manager to provide specialized market analytics and market studies that draw on other internal resources and external consultants.
- Prepare reports for the exchange of price, customer, supplier and competitor intelligence with key stakeholders.
- Design, build and maintain customer and supplier databases and market price models that capture the collective knowledge gathered from the Sales and Marketing team, internal and external sources.
- Support the preparation and when required deliver routine market reporting services designed to meet key stakeholder requirements.
- Support the Manager to act as the key interface with external index providers and market research providers to uncover pricing intelligence used to advise the Commodity Marketing Team and Risk and Performance management teams around market reference pricing parameters, pricing strategies for new products, term contract negotiations, arbitrage identification and value initiatives.
Support the business in the delivery of market briefings both internally and externally as required.
- The right candidates must have prior success in coal and shipping market analysis roles.
- Be able to work proficiently in both English and Mandarin languages