|Location: London||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Phillip Ward|
Following its recent acquisition by one of the leading global Private Equity funds, our client is gearing up for a period of aggressive inorganic growth through acquisitions and the successful integration of these businesses.
The business in uniquely positioned to continue its dominance in the market as well as expanding into adjacent sectors and broadening its proposition.
Following significant investment from a high-profile Private Equity acquisition, the business will now hire an M&A Director to work closely with the Head of M&A, CEO, CFO and Investors to formulate and execute on the inorganic growth plan for the business – a key lever in the value creation plan.
The individual will be responsible for managing end to end processes and coordinating advisors and third parties to ensure the value creation plan is completed.
It will be essential for this individual to take a commercial approach to the opportunities the business will have in the coming years. Identifying potential acquisition targets, and understanding which acquisitions will add value in the appropriate areas and seeing processes through to completion.
The business has a strong track record of completing acquisitions in the past, and with recent Private Equity backing, the time is right to appoint a strategic individual to take the reins on this fundamental aspect of an ambitious value creation programme.
- Has reached ‘Manager’ level within a top-tier strategy consulting environment
- Strategic acumen; someone who can think strategically on a global basis and identify opportunities that will complement the company’s strategy
- Ability to open conversations with potential target companies in a creative, mature way and intelligently assess the company and management
- Technical Mergers and Acquisitions Skills – An individual who can shape and lead potential strategic transactions by:
- Think creatively and develop innovative approaches and solutions that address technical deal issues
- Work with legal advisors to identify and overcome legal challenges including those presented from various regulatory, governmental and tax aspects
- Manage projects, anticipate issues, overcome obstacles and marshal internal and external resources, where necessary, in order to move transaction processes forward
- Ability to work with CEO’s of both large and small companies
- Maturity and confidence to work with the most senior executives in the organization
- Knowledge of an M&A process and ability to lead / coordinate from start to finish