|Location: London||Salary: £55,000|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Fred Smith|
A global market leader at the growth stage of a major transformation. This company has continued to drive innovation since its inception including through its business model, online presence and customer relations. This team of ex-tier 1 consultants is at the heart of everything the business does at the country, corporate and business unit level, as well as M&A activity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work in the Group Strategy team. Group Strategy supports the Executive team in tackling the big strategic questions the business faces, be that at a corporate, country or business unit level. Group Strategy also works closely with the M&A team in evaluating the strategic rationale of proposed acquisitions, partnerships or divestments.
Group Strategy works on a project basis. Strategy Associates are generally assigned a module within a project where they will take full ownership of their work module by driving the content development, independently managing the day-to-day work and proactively engaging the Manager or Director on the project. Specifically:
- Drive the problem solving by identifying key issues and developing effective solutions to their assigned project’s module, including the development of thorough economic models where needed
- Work with the broader business to co-develop fact-based recommendations that are both insightful and practical to execute.
- Manage the process around a project’s module by planning ahead of time and ensuring all stakeholders are properly involved and aligned.
- Assist in the development of CEO-ready presentation materials.
- Strong track-record at a strategy consulting firm or similar business experience in a corporate strategy function
- Degree educated
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with a natural ability to quickly interpret and synthesise information into clear and concise recommendations
- Strong business acumen and ability to grasp the big picture and prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills and ability to challenge constructively and persuasively
- Contribute to Group Strategy’s long-term success by actively participating in other projects’ problem solving sessions and by supporting other areas such as internal knowledge development or recruiting