|Location: London||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Industrials / Business Services / Transport||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Matan Ozin|
Following a hugely successful 2019, this top-performing FTSE100 Logistics/Real Estate business have moved to create a new Director of Strategy role, reporting directly into the c-suite of the Group. This individual will work with senior stakeholders to build out and strengthen the company’s strategic initiatives based on rapidly-changing market and consumer trends.
The business is Central London-based, focusing on EMEA, and is uniquely positioned to continue its dominance in a market where the end consumer and digital enablement are more of a focus than ever before, and are currently working with leading businesses across various industries, including popular breweries, food manufacturers, and ground-breaking e-commerce companies.
Having begun the process of building out their senior leadership team, the business will now hire a Director of Strategy to work closely with concurrent Directors and c-suite members to review and challenge the business’s existing activities, while owning the exploration, development and execution of new initiatives both at a corporate and property level.
The role will involve a hybrid of strategy and transformation work around the above topics, covering top line strategic and commercial projects, as well as longer term implementation-focussed initiatives.
The Director of Strategy is a critical hire, which the board see as having a major contribution to the long-term success of the business. As such, they also see this role as a foundational starting point for progression into various key leadership/General Management roles over time.
The business has a strong track record of delivering for its clientele, and with recent internal adaptations and developing market trends, the time is right to appoint a senior strategic individual to take the reins on this fundamental aspect of an ambitious growth programme.
- Reached ‘Manager’ level within a top-tier strategy consulting environment
- Strategic acumen; someone who can think strategically on a global basis and identify opportunities that will complement and shape the company’s strategy – articulate/frame strategic options for the business
- Ability to challenge initiative owners in a constructive way with respect to overall feasibility and impact of initiatives
- Experience of working with a senior leadership team up to Board level
- Capable of considering and communicating clear and compelling new ideas for the business beyond the status quo
- Understands customers and the trends impacting their businesses – creates insights to enable the business to identify new business opportunities (and develops the business case for action)
- Understands the drivers of performance in the real estate sector
- Strong people leader with the ability to work across functions and geographical borders to achieve objectives; managerial experience of leading a high-performance team
- Background and/or understanding of the real estate/logistics market is desirable but not required.