|Location: New York, United States||Salary: $100,000 - $180,000|
|Sector: Financial Services, Healthcare / Pharma, Industrials / Business Services / Transport, Leisure / Hospitality, Payments, Private Equity, Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sofia Guijarro|
Our client, a leading tier one level Strategy Consultancy in the UK/ Europe, is now aggressively developing their US proposition in Manhattan and to aid this The Barton Partnership have been mandated to source a Strategy Consultant to join the business to play an essential role in realizing their growth aspirations – to follow are some key points of reference to note:
- 40% of their client base is within Private Equity businesses and their respective portfolios.
- Compared to the likes of McKinsey, Bain, and BCG, the business is much less complex resulting in short-mid length, more agile, engagements as opposed to the longer operational/transformation and cost-cutting projects which these consulting firms are gravitating towards.
- Their consulting model is very meritocratic, tied into a generous compensation structure.
- True partnership model with responsibility for setting the direction of the respective practice area.
- Functionally, the work is pure strategy and ranges from growth, product development, market entry, innovation, transactions and online expansion.
This would suit someone currently working at another boutique firm looking for a new entrepreneurial challenge, or someone from a larger firm who might be frustrated at the need to navigate internal politics in order to secure the next promotion.
- 6+ years of business experience, with a minimum of four years in a top tier management consultancy and perhaps ideally coupled with a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate strategy role.
- Outstanding academic credentials, including a degree from a top tier institution. MBA or post graduate degree strongly preferred.
- U.S. business experience essential
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies.
- A demonstrated ability to be a trusted advisor by developing significant long-term, trust-based relationships with demanding, senior-level executives at large, complex organizations.
- An individual that enjoys strategy and project-based work, who wants to commit to a long-term career in the industry.
- Experience across Corporate Strategy, Transaction Supports, and Operational Strategy.
- Experience managing and leading high impact consulting teams but with the appetite to problem solve as well as manage the client, team, and process
- Must show motivation to contribute to the overall success of the firm’s leadership team and the overall success of the business.