|Location: UK, Germany||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Industrials / Business Services / Transport||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emily Salisbury|
Our client is a global leader in connectivity products for the industrial market, with a successful history of supplying to businesses across the globe. They design and provide innovative technology solutions which enable connective and sensor solutions worldwide. This role is focused specifically within the industrial business unit, with over 100,000 customers across the globe and is placed amongst the leaders within this market.
They are looking to hire a Commercial Director to step into one of the largest product teams within the industrial business portfolio. The team is responsible for product management, engineering, and manufacturing, with an excellent track record of providing to businesses in North America, Asia and Europe.
Our client is looking to hire a Commercial Director to step into the industrial team, reporting into the General Manager for this division. This role will be responsible for leading strategy development and product portfolio management initiatives for the business globally. As the business looks to enter a high growth phase, you will play a key role in driving the strategic planning and commercial initiatives. This role is flexible with regards to location.
Running a team of 5 individuals and working as part of the leadership team, the commercial director will focus on organic growth and M&A to create an industry leading team equipped to drive new product introduction. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Refresh the 5-year portfolio strategy and business plan in partnership with the general manager
- Partner with the Regional Sales Director to accelerate top line growth
- Partner with the engineering team to complete a review of the new product pipeline
- Partner with strategy and M&A functional leaders to identify major inorganic growth opportunities
- Experience as a product management leader within an industrial company
- Must have leadership experience within an industrial manufacturer or supplier
- Ability to develop business strategies and growth strategy plans
- M&A acquisition and business unit integration experience is a plus
- Direct experience in the US and European markets
- MBA qualification desirable