COMPANY OVERVIEW: My client is a well-established mid-market Private Equity fund with assets in US and Europe. Investing in mid-sized businesses with a potentially defensible market position, that have under-performed for various reasons, and that exist in growing markets with tangible performance improvement opportunities.
We are currently retained on a new Operating Partner to join the growing and established team, based in London (with flexibility to be based elsewhere in Europe, in which case this would require regular travel to London).
Having recently raised a new fund, my client is looking for a senior individual to join the team as an Operating Partner, whose focus will be on supporting current and new investments on various post-deal value creation/transformation topics. As a senior executive, board member and advisor, you will gain exposure to various portfolio company environments (typically working on 2-4 companies at one time), while also working in a hands-on capacity in supporting and often leading the execution of various value creation initiatives across investments.
You will be the Project Lead working closely with head of businesses to understand the business strategy of the organisation units to design the Target Operating Models Organisation structure & reporting lines, roles & responsibilities, and Capability maps. You will also work with respective HR and Business leaders to deliver end-to-end organisation design work, projects, and major transformational initiatives globally.
- 15+ years total experience, including having worked in a leading strategy consulting firm (ideally, MBB, Restructuring firms, or Tier 2 Strategy consulting)
- Direct experience in a Private Equity environment, as either a member of an Operating team, or having worked in a senior value creation-oriented role within a portfolio company
- Sector experience in Industrial Goods, Business Services, Retail, or Consumer Goods is preferred, but not essential
- Functional expertise around performance improvement, turnaround or restructuring would be beneficial
- Strong at stakeholder / board-level management
- If based outside of the UK, open to relocate or travel regularly to London