We are currently working with a Tech start-up organization that continues to exceed YoY growth targets. Given their success, they are building out their strategy team across multiple locations and are looking to hire a Strategy Manager to join their team.
As a member of the Strategy and Operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and go-to-market strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that their leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Strategy and Operations team where your contributions will have a high impact across the business, while gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that optimizes the organization. This position will allow you to lead cross-functional initiatives from ideation to analytics to recommendations that drive impact across the sales team, while supporting Product, Marketing and Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of relevant experience at a leading strategy consulting firm.
- Develop strategies to make sales run more effectively, efficiently, and ultimately drive higher revenue
- Identify gaps in the sales motion and workflows could be improved
- Help the leaders to develop their strategies, as well as the tactics that underpin these strategies while partnering with Marketing, Product and Supply Chain teams
- Develop dashboards and scalable reporting that helps the sales team to sell strategically and better-understand their business
- Scope and execute analytical special projects that help better understand the business and what drives success
- Understand how the sales team workflows connect with other parts of the business (marketing, product, supply chain, finance, etc.)
- Relay insights to other parts of the org, provide the sales perspective to these other stakeholders, and make connections between the sales team and other teams
- Mix of analytical skills, operational acumen, and communication when operating with significant autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- 2 - 5 years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup. Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred
- Successfully created and implemented go-to-market / revenue generating strategies
- High-impact self-starter: you take initiative to move projects forward and can operate well with little guidance
- Ability to lead cross-functional workstreams and generating buy-in among senior leadership.