We are currently working with a $15B+ AUM Private Equity firm that focuses on control investments in large and mid-market companies, primarily in North America and Europe.
As they continue to introduce new companies into their portfolio, they have created a new position for a Director of Portfolio Analytics and Technology to identify and implement new technologies at the firm, starting with the implementation and adoption of a new portfolio monitoring solution (PMS). This person will manage large scale, complex, multi-year internal technology initiatives from strategy through execution to drive value for the firm.
PMS Implementation and Support:
Lead implementation of the PMS platform, driving usage and the adoption of platform across the organization.
Maintain the PMS's account hierarchy to ensure consistency across Portfolio Companies and ability to leverage the data for all use cases, including portfolio monitoring, valuations, and LP reporting.
Lead and manage Portfolio company performance program and related strategic initiatives
Work with deal teams and senior management to develop Dashboard metrics
Ensure consistent metrics are captured and incorporate meaningful company-specific metrics and leading indicators of performance
Develop and enhance firm-wide the PMS templates to collect data and analyze portfolio and asset-level results
Build and advance the PMS portal pages to view results
Work closely with investment team members and external parties to:
- Track asset-level information
- Identify opportunities to efficiently organize and present key data and trends
- Support portfolio management teams and sr. management during the process
- Analyze quarterly portfolio company reporting packages and ensure that all financial information is received on a timely basis and entered into the PMS accurately
- Monitor, track and analyze performance at the investment, portfolio, and fund level
- Prepare ongoing and ad hoc investor communication materials, including investor questionnaires, fund performance queries, presentations, and reports, while collaborating with investor relations as assigned
Internal Technology Initiatives:
Work with internal stakeholders to understand technology needs across organization.
Survey the market for technology solutions and best practices in leveraging technology that address the firm’s needs
Create list of firmwide technology needs and potential technology solutions, ensuring the solutions align with the overall firm strategy and identifying where/how solution integrates with other firm technologies
Organize and project manage the selection of and implementation of the technology solutions
Serve as the liaison between the technology solution and internal stakeholders to ensure projects stay on time / on budget through regular meetings that capture of issues and resolutions
Help identify and solve issues which arise during the implementation process and post-implementation usage
Help “decipher” and communicate between technology solution and internal stakeholders, to ensure understanding and alignment
Work with technology solution to design, build, test and deploy technical solutions across various applications