|Location: London||Salary: Competitive Compensation|
|Sector: Industrials / Business Services / Transport, Private Equity||Specialism: Operations / Change / Transformation, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Thomas Rodwell|
We are currently working with the London-based Value Creation team of a leading Private Equity fund who focus on investing in special situations / turnaround opportunities, predominantly within the industrial and related sectors.
The fund places a heavy emphasis on value creation and works collaboratively with the management teams of their portfolio companies to drive transformation and value creation across a broad range of assets.
The successful candidate can expect a high level of autonomy, being responsible for making decisions that will directly impact the bottom line.
The role is as an operating professional sitting within the operating team, focused on Europe and working with senior operating team members and the wider investment team. The European portfolio comprises controlling and significant influence in a range of businesses.
Core focus of the role:
1. Primarily driving insight into the performance of the most significant deals. Working with the company group executive, finance and central functions to drive insight into performance and focus areas for the investment
2. Working on key value creation projects at portfolio companies, for example: board insight & reporting, cost improvement and revenue enhancement projects, M&A, refinancings and exit preparation.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Partnering with the investment team in analysing potential opportunities
- Working with the operating team leadership and deal team to define the value creation opportunities and the strategic plan for each portfolio acquisition
- Post-acquisition, working in accordance with the Board and management team, to ensure delivery of the investment plan, and on an ongoing basis, operational improvement, restructuring or re-engineering the business to maximise value
- Supporting development of the best possible management and organisation/team for each investment
- Ensure a strong, on-going operational focus, regularly reviewing financial and operational performance of the portfolio companies he/she is involved with, championing SVP’s wishes and ensuring agreed goals are achieved
- In exceptional circumstance act as interim executive (e.g. VP of projects, strategy, finance, etc)
- Represent the fund in the business community, enhancing its positioning in the market
- Experience working with a top-tier strategy consulting firm
- Strategic and operational improvement experience
- Operational experience, ideally operating within a company business unit or management team
- Good financial experience – in particular cash flow, capex, and the impact of projects on the accounting statements and investment case
- Intellectual agility, able to quickly understand the value drivers of diverse sectors and businesses, moving quickly up the learning curve to a position of authority
- Understanding of different businesses’ performance measurement tools
- Dynamic, driven, results-oriented approach; eager to drive and initiate change
- Ability to prioritise strategic options and focus on delivering a clear set of objectives at pace, before moving onto second order priorities
- Self-starter, assured, decisive and able to work with limited resources
- Strong financial and analytical skills, utilising fact-based, objective judgement
- Effective team player with good executive mentoring skills
- Emotionally intelligent with the ability to manage diverse relationships
- Confidence in their judgment, but not ego-invested in their decisions
- Does not need status or Board position to deliver challenge. Can build effective relationships with executives – particularly below CEO, but also with C-suite
- Ability to project influence through constructive challenge and a consultative approach, without being arrogant or overly directive
- Able to adapt to international environments. More than one European language a positive