|Location: New York, United States||Salary: Competitive Compensation and Bonus|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Brandon|
Our client is a global investment and retail bank with a presence in over 70 countries. Our client provides a range of investment, financial and related products and services to individuals, corporations and institutional clients. The bank’s Internal Strategic Consulting team works with top business leaders, focusing on leading the strategic initiatives of the bank. This team is looking to hire an individual at the Vice President (VP) level.
The Internal Strategic Consulting Team works in conjunction with internal Operations and Regulation Teams to provide direct support to the bank’s senior level management in their strategic efforts in the Americas. The VP will assist with both corporate strategy and business unit strategy. They will work on high impact strategic initiatives focused on, for example, growth/new market measures and end-to-end process optimization. The VP will manage the success of all projects, specifically designating the project-solving procedures to be used. They will also be responsible for administering, developing and evaluating peers and the management of external advisors included in projects.
Our client offers a competitive compensation and a fast paced environment at a global organization experiencing accelerated growth. After time in this group, there are opportunities to move into a variety of different roles within the business units.
This is a great opportunity for strategy professionals who are looking to focus on the financial services sector, receive more responsibility, and begin a long-term career with a top bank. This individual will play a significant role in shaping the bank’s vision as they will have an active and influential role in further enhancing the division, research methods and the most effective practices.
- MBA or advanced degree with an exceptional academic track record.
- A minimum of 7 years’ work experience in strategy consulting, either with a top management consultancy or an internal team.
- Self-starter with well-developed interpersonal and influence skills, capable of building strong working relationships across all disciplinary levels.
- Possessing strong social skills to aid in managing and motivating colleagues and project teams.
- Excellent analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills with ability to leverage quantitative and qualitative approaches to develop conclusive solutions.
- Strong work ethic (takes ownership), self-starter and quick-study mentality; a track record of leadership experience and demonstrated ability to lead top priority projects with top quality results.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.