|Location: London||Salary: Market leading compensation package|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Royce Tooth|
Specialist, global, information, data and analytics company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy, enabling smart decision-making for the world’s most ambitious businesses. In an increasingly complex, digitally driven world, we help the world’s top consumer companies understand what is important and how to act on it.
The business is a portfolio of leading brands formed through acquisition. The primary focus of our brands is to drive excellence for the world’s top consumer companies across product design, marketing, and digital commerce.
The Strategy team works together with all the brands providing real variety and exposure to interesting challenges. Whatever your passion, you will find a brand that reflects it, whether its Fashion or Product design, or e-Commerce, Media or Marketing, Fintech and much more.
We are looking for a Strategy Manager for the Group Strategy function based in Central London. The Strategy Manager supports top leadership (CEO, EVPs, SVPs) across the business in the delivery of significant robust, pragmatic strategies.
You will work cross-functionally, partnering internally to develop and execute strategy. You will have exposure and visibility to executives and be sought out as a trusted advisor by partner teams. You will spend time in data, understanding problems and validating hypotheses, while also synthesizing results and crafting a narrative for executive presentations. You will use customer and internal perspectives to inform decisions that are made.
- Contributing to the delivery of robust, pragmatic strategies that will stand up to CEO / board scrutiny and be implemented by the key operational teams
- Input into the annual strategy process for the Group such that key questions are identified, priorities are defined, stakeholders are involved, and strategy is translated into execution
- Contribute to the delivery of pragmatic business strategies for the group, its operating companies and key products
- Provide commercial support to product strategies, launches, and pricing strategies for key businesses
- Contribute on commercial due diligence processes for prospective transactions
- Using rigorous qualitative and quantitative insights to support the above
- Provide commercial due diligence support on prospective acquisitions
- Contribute to the delivery of appropriate product and pricing strategies for key businesses
- Develop and test business plans for major new product launches
- Minimum of two years of first-class strategy consulting experience (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, OC&C...)
- Strong degree from top university (or equivalent qualification)
- High degree of numeracy and advanced Excel skills
- Experience in Media, Digital/Data and/or subscription businesses
- Ability to work on multiple strategy projects
- High degree of commercial intuition
- High degree of numeracy
- Business modelling and projection
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Strong people / relationship-building skills
- A self-starter who is personable and outgoing
- Interest and enjoyment in problem solving in a business context
- Results oriented