|Location: Boston, Massachusetts||Salary: Competitive Compensation and Bonus|
|Sector: Energy / Oil & Gas / Utilities / Mining||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Victoria Montagu|
Our client is an international supplier of electricity and gas and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. As the company continues to grow globally, the company is looking to expand its strategic capability in order to address potential growth and market opportunities. Our client is looking to fulfill two Director of Product Management positions in two divisions, Distributed Energy Resources and Clean Transportation division.
The two successful candidates will work directly with the Vice President of Product Growth. The two roles will work to lead and implement the end to end product lifecycle in support of the company’s growth, clean energy and transportation strategies.
This individual will lead and implement the end to end product lifecycle for Alternative Fuel Vehicles or Distributed Energy Resources category.
- Product Management.
- Determines market and specific customer segment needs and desires by collaborating with several business units across the company.
- Assesses market competition and landscape.
- Develops business and investment plans and models that would maximize various evolving economic value streams.
- Constant communication with company’s internal stakeholders on standards for data, communications, network and asset management and ownership.
- Brings new products to market.
- Develops go-to-market plans that include introduction and promotion of new products by developing integrated plans with other business units.
- Regularly appraises current products and their positioning.
- Responsible for a pipeline of existing products and services and a pipeline of new ideas for future products and services.
- Provides proposal support for new business opportunities.
- Supports new initiatives with collaborative oversight and training; provide ongoing program support as necessary throughout program lifecycles.
- BA required in business related field or BS in engineering plus an MBA or Advance Degree in Product Management.
- Over ten years of experience as a business leader at a senior level managing a team and managing change programs. This should include managing multiple business units and proven ability to create and drive a culture of high performance, continuous improvement and quality.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in utility operations and regulation.
- Knowledge and experience of Change Management.
- A strong strategic thinker, with the ability to see the big picture, but also address shorter term more tactical issues. Strategic ability should be balanced by a strong understanding of the operational and commercial challenges faced by a business and the factors which can derail the successful implementation of a strategy.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Considerable breadth and depth of experience of strategy formulation and analysis in large and complex corporate environments.
- Experience and understanding of the US energy sector, regulatory/technology/business issues impacting the industry and future trends is highly desirable. The optimal candidate will have industry experience and extensive strategy leadership experience.