|Location: Europe||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Industrials / Business Services / Transport||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emily Salisbury|
Our client is a global leader in connectivity products for the Industrial market. The business serves several large OEMs in Factory Automation, Rail, Machinery, and several other end-markets through a direct sales force, with more than 100,000 customers worldwide. With a multiple billion-dollar revenue, significant presence in key markets across the globe, broad product portfolio, and several reputed brands, this company is amongst the leaders in its market.
The Senior Manager Business Development will join one of the biggest and high-priority markets for the business. With a broad product portfolio, global manufacturing footprint, and strong customer relationships across all key regions. This position will take responsibility for leading the development and execution of strategy to maximize growth in the priority applications globally.
The Strategy and Business Development (SBD) team is responsible for development and championing of the highest potential organic and inorganic growth opportunities. The team works closely with the executive team and plays a pivotal role in identifying and developing opportunities to achieve their long-term vision on portfolio expansion and growth.
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Manager for Strategy and Business Development to step into this multiple billion-dollar business unit and drive the long-term growth for this market, specifically focused on Factory Automation. Reporting into the Head of Strategy for Business Development and M&A, you will join a team responsible for development of potential organic and inorganic growth opportunities for the business worldwide.
You will work closely with the executive team and play a pivotal role in identifying and developing opportunities to achieve their long-term vision of portfolio expansion and growth. This role will involve a broad scope of responsibilities and will appeal to individuals looking for a platform to accelerate their career into roles of increasing responsibility within and including strategy, sales, and product management.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Develop “where to play” and “how to win” plans by combining market and customer insights with knowledge of product and go-to-market strengths.
- Enhance application knowledge of sales, product management, and engineering team members through Voice of Customer initiatives and market research.
- Co-own the customer strategy and revenue / new opportunity pipeline within the focus end market.
- Drive pipeline growth in partnership with sales and marketing teams, through effective value proposition development and communication, and sales coverage planning and optimization
- Generate ideas for enhancing value proposition in the target market segments through Product Portfolio expansion. Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams on portfolio expansion through New Product Introduction, Strategic Partnerships, or Acquisitions.
- Generate market knowledge and insights, including products, competitors, market trends, technology roadmaps and regulations. Keep key stakeholders, including executive management, updated on these trends on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver growth plans that cover both strategic (setting the long-term trajectory) and tactical (translating into 6- 12 months action plans) horizons. Lead the implementation of those plans
- Work closely with leadership to ensure that application plans are aligned with regional commercial plans, sales planning and strategic objectives / key initiatives.
- Strong experience in strategy, industry marketing, or product management role in a leading Factory Automation company. Deep knowledge in one or more of the focus areas, including Automation Controls, Robotics and Motion, Industrial Communication Networks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution is required
- Demonstrated success with key marketing processes (e.g., market segmentation, strategic planning, competitive analysis, market research, new product development and launch, strategic marketing etc.)
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills – success in delivering results in cross-functional, non-hierarchical, and cross-cultural environments.
Ability to work effectively with and influence individuals at all organization levels
- Substantial project management experience in large, complex, global organizations • Strong oral and written communication skills – ability to convey messages concisely in both text format and presentation format to busy executives