|Location: London||Salary: £80,000 + bonus|
|Sector: Leisure / Hospitality||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Fred Smith|
Business-unit of the world’s leading online travel company, providing travel products and services to leisure and corporate travellers in the US and around the world. They are on a mission to become the largest and most profitable seller of travel in the world, by helping everyone everywhere plan and purchase everything in travel. This company has been on a rapid growth trajectory internationally with the strategy team at the centre of dynamism and innovation.
As part of the Retail function, the Senior Manager, Global Strategy - will be responsible for managing global Retail initiatives within the dotcom business.
This division of the Global Strategy team identifies, structures and executes strategic initiatives across the merchandising, affiliates and business development functions. The Senior Manager Global Strategy is a critical role in the team owning and driving forward the hotel partner supplier strategy for the Brand.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing retail initiatives that align with the goals of the overall business and drive significant growth. The candidate will be the face of the brand to drive and manage the supplier strategy with internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will work with a broad number of stakeholder teams within the parent company and the business-unit partners which provides a good opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the retail function at one of the fastest growing travel companies.
The Role will actively coordinate with/influence other functional team members to research and provide insights, develop action plans to resolve issues, and track overall progress of these key initiatives. This role will have regular and frequent interaction with the senior leadership across the organization. This position will have an immediate impact and be given the ability to grow and advance in an exciting, fast paced company. The role will report directly to the Director, Global Strategy in London.
The candidate must excel in all areas of strategy development and execution, including project management, business analysis, problem solving, stakeholder management, executive communication and consensus building.
- Own and drive multiple key initiatives within merchandising promotional function, affiliates and business development functions that align with the strategic priorities of the online business
- Own hotel supplier strategy for the online business including managing and driving forward current initiatives and devising new initiatives
- Conceive of and drive innovation within merchandising promotions through competitive benchmarking, primary and secondary research, data analyses and more
- Build consensus on ideas conceived within the business unit, group and supplier teams, and coordinate driving those initiatives into implementation
- Build business cases and pitch materials to build consensus and get stakeholder teams onboard with the ideas
- Identify how promotional levers can be used to drive growth and profitability across the business channels and worldwide point of sale
- Optimizing the global mix and cadence of promotional activities to drive sales growth and profitability
- Driving forward the Product Test & Learn program as it relates to Retail functions
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of existing merchandising and affiliates performance and initiatives critical to the ongoing growth of the company and translating them into actionable insights
- Provide financial modelling support for analysing potential growth or business improvement opportunities, as well as the development of long-range strategic plans
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other functional groups within the parent company
- Clearly communicate findings and recommendations from initiatives to senior management and to the broader organization
- 5-6 years post university experience with a top tier strategy consulting firm/ internal strategy role
- Ability to manage a wide set of stakeholders at all levels, influence and build consensus with them and drive initiatives forward
- Strong attention to detail, good organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills
- Passionate and driven team player
- Solid interpersonal skills