|Location: New York||Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 + bonus|
|Sector: Leisure / Hospitality, Private Equity, Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Agnes Zuberecz|
Our client, a leading tier one level Strategy Consultancy in the UK/ Europe, are now aggressively developing their US proposition in Manhattan and to aid this The Barton Partnership have been mandated to source a Strategy Consultant / Manager to join the business to play an essential role in realizing their growth aspirations – to follow are some key points of reference to note:
- 40% of their client base is within Private Equity businesses and their respective portfolios.
- Compared to the likes of McKinsey, Bain, and BCG, the business is much less complex resulting in short-mid length, more agile, engagements as opposed to the longer operational/transformation and cost cutting projects which these consulting firms are gravitating towards.
- Their consulting model is very meritocratic, tied into a generous compensation structure.
- True partnership model with responsibility for setting the direction of the respective practice area.
- Functionally, the work is pure strategy and ranges from growth, product development, market entry, innovation, transactions and online expansions
- Lead larger case teams
- Participate in client pitches
- Lead an area of market development
- Mentor and develop internal talent
- Begin to build out a specialty and client network
- 6+ years of business experience, with a minimum of four years in a top tier management consultancy and perhaps ideally coupled with a solid track-record of operating in an in-house corporate strategy role.
- Outstanding academic credentials, including a degree from a top tier institution. MBA or post graduate degree strongly preferred.
- U.S. business experience essential
- A proven track record of delivering high impact results working on projects in the areas of corporate strategy, growth initiatives and new market/segment/business strategies.
- A demonstrated ability to be a trusted advisor by developing significant long-term, trust-based relationships with demanding, senior-level executives at large, complex organizations.
- An individual that enjoys strategy and project-based work, who wants to commit to a long-term career in the industry.
- Experience across Corporate Strategy, Transaction Support, and Operational Strategy.
- Experience managing and leading high impact consulting teams but with the appetite to problem solve as well as manage the client, team, and process
- Must show motivation to contribute to the overall success of the firm’s leadership team and the overall success of the business.
This would suit someone currently working at another boutique firm looking for a new entrepreneurial challenge, or someone from a larger firm who might be frustrated at the need to navigate internal politics in order to secure the next promotion.