|Location: London||Salary: Up to £100,000|
|Sector: Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Greg Limb|
A global knowledge provider consisting of organisations in publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise.
They are present in 43 countries with over 150 offices, Headquartered in London.
The Group Strategy Officer reports directly to the Director of Strategy and Business Planning. The main responsibilities are:
- To lead the annual Business Planning process in all Divisions, which establishes the core link between strategy, operations, financial planning, and annual budgeting;
- To lead the formulation of the Group strategy, in particular in 2017, as the business draws a three-year Growth Programme to a close;
- To support the formulation of Divisional strategies;
- To analyse critical business issues, opportunities and challenges that emerge across the Group;
- To develop strategy and to formulate integration plans on acquisition targets; and
- To support and sometimes lead strategy implementation projects across various parts of the Group.
This is a high-profile role in the organisation, so the Group Strategy Officer must establish credibility and demonstrate value-add on a daily basis, within and across the teams with which s/he is working.
You will lead the Business Planning process, as well as other processes. However, the core responsibility is not process, but content. The Group Strategy Officer must drive forward the dialogue on strategy and business planning – oriented around critical business issues.
You will form virtual teams, and the expectation is that the Group Strategy Officer will engage on content directly with the virtual teams.
Ideal candidates will be individuals of considerable influencing skills and authority whose qualities include:
- Qualified to post-graduate degree level in Business, Strategy, Economics, Finance, Operational Research, or a related business discipline;
- Experience in the media / information sector desirable;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience as a strategy / business consultant, and working in a commercial environment in a strategy-related role;
- Proven experience of running an ongoing planning process and portfolio analysis;
- Must demonstrate the ability of managing a content-led strategic programme;
- Capacity to operate simultaneously across multiple projects in different business units and verticals;
- High emotional intelligence, and ability to recognise and handle cultural differences across the Group;
- Demonstrated ‘hands on’ delivery approach;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to influence senior management;
- Strong networking skills and a good reputation across all functional areas in business;
- Good communication skills to build understanding and commitment inside organisation;
- Capable of synthesising and interpreting information, and providing succinct analysis to senior stakeholders.