|Location: London||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type:||Contact: Adam Leach|
The Barton Partnership has been retained by a market leading and rapidly growing Veterinary business which operates as part of a leading retail group. The business has a reputation for operating a ‘customer first’ approach, and they offer the full range of veterinary services from general animal health treatments and welfare advice to emergency medical procedures.
Having previously been under Private Equity ownership, the group was acquired by a trade buyer in 2013 and has grown impressively over the past five years.
The CEO is now looking to appoint a Director of Strategy and Commercial Initiatives to work directly with tem and other stakeholders in the business on a range of business critical projects.
This is a critical role for the business, reporting into the CEO with tremendous growth potential both within this specific business unit as well as the wider organisation.
The role will be based between London and their Swindon HQ. You will be working as a direct number two to the CEO, and be a key member of the operating board. The current CEO once held this Director position so there exists a strong track record of impressive progression from this role.
The team will be focused on the further growth of the organisation’s proposition, setting the strategic agenda and driving this through to deliver real change across the business.
Commercial / Supplier relations:
- Senior point of contact for all suppliers
- Leading negotiations on key supplier contracts
- Responsible for generating income from suppliers for both practices and Group through rebates and marketing support (>£50m net benefit p.a.)
- Senior point of contact for all supplier related JV Partner issues
- Leading thinking on pricing strategy, being aware of what is happening externally and adjusting strategy as needed
- Overseeing pricing management process and annual price setting
- Key point of contact for pricing related JV Partner queries
Commercial initiatives for Practices and Group
- Loyalty / Health Plan analytics and ongoing development of health plan offering
- Identifying and implementing ways to improve commercial support to Partners (i.e. rebate automation, purchasing marketplace etc.)
- Development of new services or new commercial initiatives (e.g. eCommerce, new subscription plans, etc.)
- Ongoing support for practice profitability initiatives (in conjunction with Operations and Marketing teams)
- Commercial support for Specialist Centres
Strategy and Business Development
- Oversee the strategic planning process and, working with counterpart in Retail and other Group functions, support the overall Group strategic planning process
- PMO for key value creation initiatives
- Work closely with exec team to support development and implementation of key strategic initiatives
- Facilitate executive committee meetings: own the agenda, run the meetings, record actions and follow up with action owners to ensure progress
- Lead any M&A or other business development projects
Given the senior nature of the role, and level of engagement with senior stakeholders, excellent interpersonal skills are a must. On top of this, candidates will need to demonstrate:
At least five years working in a top-tier strategy consulting experience
An understanding and interest in consumer driven markets
The ability to influence and guide senior stakeholders
Excellent communication and organisational skills
Effective project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects, react quickly and effectively to changing priorities
PowerPoint and Excel to a high standard
A proactive and collaborative approach to working, strong team player
Actively develops personal knowledge, skills and abilities to continuously improve and grow
Willingness to spend a minimum of three days a week at HQ in Swindon