|Location: Austin, Texas||Salary: $180,000 Base|
|Sector: Industrials / Business Services / Transport, Private Equity||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Victoria Montagu|
Our client, a Private Equity fund, operates and maintains a Texas-based toll road which was developed to relieve the surge in traffic and congestion in the fast-growing metro area it surrounds.
Over the last few years, traffic on this highway has grown and it will continue to increase. Due to this, our client is looking to better understand the traffic trends and the customer base that underlies this performance in order to drive growth. Our client is actively looking to bring on board a Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) who will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the traffic trends on this highway, to better understand the customer base, and to completely competitive analyses.
Using considerable amounts of data, this CSO will be responsible for establishing and leading the entire business strategy, with commercial growth strategy being the main focus. This is a high visible role working closely with senior leaders and the Private Equity fund and its portfolio management teams. The CSO will also work closely with our client’s Analytics team within the business.
In addition to internal relationships, the CSO will interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, including the private equity sponsor, lenders, potential investors, engineering and consulting firms, TxDOT, community officials, and potential business partners. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is seeking more responsibility and exposure in their careers.
- Act as an advisor to the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Drive business critical and innovative strategic initiates.
- Participate in regular meetings with the senior leaders in the organisation and with the board to review critical path issues.
- Develop a data-driven approach to improve the Company’s understanding of its customers and its potential growth:
- Manage data collection teams who will be analysing data from the Company assets (toll gantries, counters), external sources and alternative data providers.
- Generate short-term forecasts to inform company reporting and planning.
- Utilize understanding of customer base and traffic trends to execute targeted initiatives to influence customer behavior and generate more traffic on the road (e.g., improving amenities on the road, generating awareness, creating incentives for using the road etc.).
- Explain the Company’s forecasts and value proposition to a wide array of stakeholders including lenders, potential investors, TxDOT, community officials etc.
- Experience from a Tier 1 Strategy Consulting firm, and/or investment banking experience and/or M&A experience.
- Data analysis – strong experience using data-driven approaches to explain trends and develop actionable insights.
- Self-starter with well-developed interpersonal and influence skills, capable of building strong working relationships across all disciplinary levels.
- Financial literacy – ability to convert insights from data analysis into a financial forecast and understand how this drives value for the company.
- Strong project management experience – can manage projects that require the coordination of various internal and external stakeholders, including third party consultants.
- Ability to format documents and quantitative analyses to present to senior management.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills – able to work with a variety of stakeholders.
- High energy and hands on; able to roll up his / her sleeves to add value