A consulting firm with a market-leading position within their niche. Most of their engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses in the US and Europe. They work across a wide range of sectors, including healthcare, IT, financial services, energy, manufacturing, leisure, business services and many others
Although they work in structured project teams, they are socially very equal, lively and inclusive. There are no corner offices, no cliques – they work in open-plan offices and are not political. They think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Their clients’ is the product of the individuals they employ. They launched their Chicago office in Autumn 2018 and have enjoyed some great early success.
Our client is looking for exceptional people to join their team as Managers. If hired, you will manage teams and projects of all shapes and sizes. You will be expected to take significant responsibility from an early stage, working directly for a Partner and in a client-facing role from the outset. The Manager role has four key components:
- As an experienced project manager, running complex projects autonomously through leading and conducting detailed, rigorous analysis and helping your team overcome any roadblocks. You will also be expected to provide strategic advice to clients who routinely demand the highest standards.
- Mentoring and developing junior managers in the firm as part of your role as a career manager. Career managers hold regular informal catch ups with their reports, as well as conducting twice
- Yearly reviews and additional meetings when required. Our client has a strong culture of career management and taking this seriously is one of the things that make them so supportive and special.
- Contributing to business development opportunities. Managers play a key role in formal pitches and are also given the autonomy to develop and grow their own professional networks through ad-hoc marketing meetings and events.
- You will also support their internal operations – our client is a lean, entrepreneurial organization, allowing you to lead programs in different internal functions and get first-hand experience of how businesses really work. They encourage everyone to get involved in one aspect of the internal operations of the firm, whether it is marketing, recruitment, training or developing their IP
- Managerial-level experience at a relevant organization (particularly from accounting, strategy consulting, corporate finance or corporate backgrounds), with some experience of:
- Managing teams of 2-5 people;
- Carrying out qualitative and quantitative analysis; and
- Interaction with clients / external stakeholders.
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage.
- Previous exposure to private equity and commercial due diligence
-At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have the right to work in the US – unfortunately they are not able to sponsor visas at this time.