Our client is a high-growth, digital-first international hospitality disruptor who is transforming the future of hospitality with thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life. On a mission to redefine hospitality by bringing exceptional stays everywhere, they are changing the game with spaces that inspire and delight, that fulfil needs without sacrificing style, all while delivering seamless, personalised experiences. Their tech-enabled, mobile-first platform allows them to provide seamless booking, digital concierge, and a unified, on-demand platform for guests across 40 markets globally. Their differentiated digital service model allows them to reduce operating costs by as much as 50% compared to traditional hotels.
Despite the global pandemic, our client has returned to growth quickly (back to 80% occupancy rates) whilst continuing to launch into new markets. Having caught the attention of many investors and having been through Series E funding and raised $170m valued at $1.3bn, they are looking to grow the EMEA region x7 times its size by 2022. With a major shift across EMEA, they seek to bring on-board a new EMEA GM – a very cross-functional role, they will be responsible for helping to set the strategy, shape and scale the EMEA region, working with business development / real estate teams to bring on-board new properties, whilst ultimately being responsible for translating the brand into a first-class, customer experience.
My client seeks to bring on-board a leader with a demonstrated track record of developing and executing on successful strategies, exceeding goals, hiring and developing overachievers, and positively impacting their business overall. This leader will require a strong track record of leading large hospitality operationally complex businesses, mixed with a strategic and analytical background and ability to find the 80 / 20 and drive impact quickly. The EMEA GM will be excited to dig in and get their hands dirty in the details, and able to step back and understand the strategic context to drive results across numerous markets.
- Mix of consulting and operational experience, ideally the former from a tier 1 strategy consulting firm and latter gained in a multi-site hospitality or technology-first consumer facing business
- Substantial previous work experience including strategy development and ownership in operationally complex hospitality businesses, ideally including P&L ownership or financial/budget responsibility
- Experience operating across / opening of new European markets
- Rigorous, analytical, and data-driven decision-making capabilities
- Proven ability to influence without authority, and lead cross-functionally to make your markets successful
- A self-starter, with strong problem-solving and execution skills
- Attentive, hands-on, and willing to get into the details of the organisation
- Results orientated with the ability to make things happen quickly
- Posses personal drive, high-energy and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with lean corporate infrastructure