My client is a global Private Equity fund that invests in distressed, event driven and turnaround investments undergoing significant structural change. They have a hands-on approach in partnering with the CEOs of their portfolio companies to drive operational excellence and growth, with a functional focus on performance improvement. They are currently looking for a new operating partner to join the market-leading portfolio operations team, based in London and focussed on investments across Europe.
Currently raising two new funds, my client is looking for a senior individual to join the team as an operating partner, whose focus will be on supporting current and new investments on various post-deal value creation/transformation topics. As a senior executive, board member and advisor, you will gain exposure to various portfolio company environments, while also working in a hands-on capacity in supporting and leading the execution of various value-creation initiatives across investments.
You will be responsible for driving insight into the performance of the fund’s most significant deals, working with portfolio company executives to drive insight into performance and focus areas for the investment, while also defining and executing key value creation projects across portfolio companies post-deal. Given the hands-on nature of the firm, you will ensure a strong, ongoing operational focus across portfolio companies, for example regularly reviewing financial and operational performance of the portfolio companies you are involved with, championing the fund’s wishes and ensuring agreed goals are achieved.You will also work with the Investment team in analysing potential opportunities pre and post-deal.
- 6-12+ years total experience, including a combination of having worked in a leading strategy consulting firm (ideally, MBB, Restructuring firms, or Tier 2 Strategy consulting), as well as direct operational experience in a corporate or Private Equity setting
- Direct experience in a Private Equity environment is preferably, as either a member of an Operating team, or having worked in a senior value creation or operational role within a portfolio company
- Financial acumen, in particular around cashflow, CAPEX, and the impacts of projects on the accounting statements and investment case
- Sector experience in Industrial Goods or Business Services is preferable, with other relevant sectors including TMT, Retail, or Healthcare
- Experience working with PE/credit investors on multiple projects, and an understanding of PE thinking around value creation
- Experience in designing and running transformation programmes, with excellent project management experience
- If based outside of the UK, open to relocate to London
- Some European travel will be required (20-30% of your time)