|Location: London||Salary: £80,000 - £100,000|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Digital, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adam Leach|
My Client is a British FTSE 20 multinational FMCG company headquartered in Central London. They own and operate a number of historic and prestigious brands, many of which are the best-selling and most widely recognised in their sectors. They also maintain a number of partnership owning stakes in shared brands meaning their products are sold in over 180 countries. While the largest markets are North America and Western Europe they have an extensive presence across Emerging Markets including Africa, India and Latin America. Recent Corporate activity has included transactions in India, Mexico and China.
This role has three clear dimensions:
1. Supporting projects with a value-at-stake typically £100m+ and leading smaller (but still very significant) projects. Planning and delivering rigorous, insightful workstreams.
2. Building relationships / effective communication/influence across the Executive Committee and Senior Leaders.
3. Developing an extensive understanding of the external global and local operating environment including consumer behaviour, competitive environment, political and economic context etc.
Your top accountabilities:
- Understanding market or corporate issues/opportunities in the context of the firm's strategy. Identify scope of work and plan the activities and resources required to resolve the issues/opportunities;
- Work with the relevant general manager / Executive team to deliver robust, fact-based, and above all, insightful strategies that create new possibilities for the business from a range of internal and external data;
- Support selected markets as part of the global resource allocation process; Support the development of strategic capabilities across the global business.
Given the focus of the team, you can expect intermittent travel on a global basis (10-20%).
My client is a meritocracy and there is a strong track-record of progression from Strategy into senior roles across the business.
The Executive Committee is committed to strengthening strategic skills in leadership roles across the business and external recruitment into this role is explicitly seen as a way of improving the pipeline of future senior managers.
- Strong academic background (2.1 + minimum) from leading university, preferably with MBA skills / knowledge;
- Strong demonstrable strategic project experience within the FMCG sector
- Good experience in top-tier strategy consultancy or niche equivalent;
- Commercial experience outside consulting, ideally in a blue chip firm;
- Good experience of analytical problem solving;
- Good experience in communicating (written and verbal) to demanding senior audiences; Good experience at relationship building at senior level
- Language skills and international experience are an advantage.