|Location: London||Salary: £75,000 - £85,000|
|Sector: Energy / Oil & Gas / Utilities / Mining, Financial Services, Healthcare / Pharma, Industrials / Business Services / Transport, Leisure / Hospitality, Payments, Private Equity, Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com, Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: M&A / Corporate Development, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Lotti Strongman|
Our client is a traditional, boutique consulting firm with a market-leading proposition within M&A Strategy. They have been expanding rapidly over the past few years, with revenues and profits both growing at c.20% year-on-year and now have a team of c.80 people.
Most engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to provide commercial due diligence (CDD) for leading private equity firms. They also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to the UK’s most successful smaller businesses.
They are different to your typical consultancy. There are no corner offices, no private fiefdoms, no cliques – they work in open-plan offices and are not political. The culture is hugely collaborative and relaxed. There is minimal travel involved and flexibility to enable a sustainable work/life balance.
The firm are currently looking for an exceptional strategy consultant to join at the managerial level. You will have the responsibility of managing teams and projects of all shapes and sizes. You will be expected to take significant responsibility from an early stage, working directly for a partner and in a client-facing role from the outset.
Given the firm’s ambition to continuing expanding, this is an excellent opportunity to play a key role in contributing towards on-going growth and enjoy a hugely meritocratic career path.
In the past, they have successfully taken on people from the following backgrounds as experienced hires:
- Consultancy (M&A, growth strategy)
- Analytical / strategy roles within corporates
- Corporate finance
- Accountancy (particularly within an M&A context – experience of financial due diligence an advantage)
Successful CIL people do share some key attributes:
- Strong academic background (they are degree agnostic) from a world class university
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems
- Motivation and ambition, able to stand on their own two feet
- Strong team working and people skills
- Outstanding numeracy, business writing and verbal communication skills