|Location: London||Salary: £80,000 - £90,000|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adam Leach|
My client is a private equity backed retail business which has experienced extensive growth over the last 3 years following a switch to a customer centric method of business. We are working closely with the Head of Retail who is now looking to on board a ‘number two’ to aid with the continued growth of the business. This individual will lead and deliver strategic initiatives alongside key senior figures in the business.
This individual will also directly line manage an analyst level individual.
- Lead the development and execution of the strategic plan to optimise the profitability of the retail function.
- Take responsibility for analysis of trends in consumer behaviour, and the utilisation of space, to develop a behavioural segmentation model.
- Plan will support the delivery of the commercial ambition and strategic priorities, as well and will form basis of the 5-10 year Retail Capital Investment Programme.
- Ensure decisions about space allocation, category mix, tenders and contract negotiation are in line with the broader strategic framework, and are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Evaluate, alongside the finance team, the previous investments and decisions to contribute to the further development of the strategic framework.
- The Senior Manager will own the retail strategy and ensure calculated business decisions are taken in keeping with the wider strategic purpose.
- Responsibility to line manage an Analytics and Insights Executive.
- Work alongside sales and operations ensuring up to date customer projections are presented to the BDM’s for action.
- Working alongside operations team to understand how future plans will affect retail performance.
- 4-6 years experience in strategy consulting.
- Expertise within the retail space is advantageous.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrable experience working alongside senior stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret complex data into insightful information to aid decision making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative and capable of managing cross-functional teams.
- Excellent team leadership skills.