|Location: London||Salary: £90,000 - £110,000 + bonus|
|Sector: Industrials / Business Services / Transport||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andrew Wilde|
A leading engineering support services organisation, operating in the UK and overseas. They are trusted to deliver complex and critical support to the defence, energy, emergency services, transport and education sectors.
The Group Strategy team is a central team with expertise in growth strategy, market and competitor research and analytics and performance improvement. The team focuses on identifying and realising growth opportunities, developing capabilities and driving performance improvement across the group.
Ultimately the team reports into the CEO but the projects involve a range of stakeholders including Divisional Chief Executives, Finance Directors and strategy leads, BU MDs and other executives.
This role is to work as part of small teams working collaboratively with the Group’s operating divisions or on behalf of the Group.
• The projects undertaken by the team target delivering value for the businesses in the form of tangible results. The main focus is on top-line growth but the team also focuses on other initiatives such as performance improvement; customer relationship enhancements; and business capability development.
• The team drives identification, consolidation, prioritisation and delivery of these initiatives and works with external consultants and internal stakeholders as required.
• The role will provide exposure to the management teams and the opportunity to develop an in-depth and hands-on understanding of the businesses while taking responsibility for the delivery of tangible results.
• There is a structured development program within the team and as part of the group that will underpin the potential for movement after approximately 2 to 3 years from this Group role into a position within a Business Unit or Division.
• Typical projects are growth focused. These include:
o Assessments of new market opportunities
o Development of market entry strategies
o Advice and input on strategy development
o Involvement with specific bid reviews
o Development of capabilities / resources for growth
• In addition, there will be performance improvement projects / cost cutting but this will be a lower proportion of work and typically to support the growth strategy
Education & Professional Qualifications
• Strong undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Finance, Business or similar discipline
• Possibly will have completed an MBA
Experience & Background
• Experience of identifying and delivering performance improvement opportunities
• Track record of delivery in challenging change management environments
• Will have successfully engaged across the levels of an organisation from senior management and tactical personnel
Business Skills & Knowledge
• Business acumen
• Highly commercial and pragmatic
• Delivery focussed, with a hands-on approach
• Strong track record in project management
• Good analytical skills
• Highly self-motivated, robust and delivery focused
• Strong interpersonal, listening and influencing skills
• High quality communication ability, written and orally
• Genuine team player
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Ambitious to grow with the organisation