Our client, a publicly listed company is a globally recognised leader in the food and ingredients sector. This award-winning business has grown from strength by placing a huge emphasis on innovation and sustainability.
The Group Strategy Director will act as the right-hand man to the CEO. His main goal is to drive value for shareholders.
- High level mandate is to guide the group’s growth agenda and explore growth engines together with the Global Leadership Team (80% of time will be spent interacting with the Global Leadership Team)
- Member of Strategy Council along with C level (Corporate, HR and Finance)
- Leading a strong team of 5 (to grow in future)
- Lead the annual 5-year strategy planning process and provide governance on monitoring the execution of the plans by the Business Units
- Drive business (revenue/Profits) improvement and tangible change initiatives
- Drive CVC (Corporate Venture Capital) activities.
- Work closely with the CFO on M&A projects, lead target identification and drive post-merger integration efforts
- Drive new business growth projects
- Whilst the core business is low growth and low margin categories, this remains the part of the business that will generate the most profits, therefore the Group Strategy Director’s key priority remains in helping to drive improvements in the performance of the core business.
- While ensuring the core business is profitable, the role holder is also responsible for creating shareholder value by shifting the existing portfolio
- Experienced strategy consultant with demonstrated ability to drive business growth and profitability
- Experience in consumer goods and retail sector
- The ability to ideate and identify business opportunities
- The ability to roll up one’s sleeves and get skin in the game with an operational and execution mindset
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Strong influencing skills