We are working with a leading Global Large-Cap Private Equity Fund, (US$13 billion of assets), with a portfolio of more than 30 operating companies worldwide.
The Fund is looking for an experienced consultant to join its M&A Operations team as an ‘M&A Operations Associate’ (based in London) to play an integral role on the deal team and work side-by-side with senior investment and finance professionals at the firm pursuing new investments.
The fund itself specialises in mergers, acquisitions and operations – acquiring and operating companies across a broad range of business markets. You will be responsible for assisting senior operations professionals in various aspects of operations and commercial due diligence process.
As a member of the global M&A Operations team, the M&A Operations Associate will be responsible for assisting senior operations professionals in various aspects of operations and commercial due diligence. Key areas of responsibility include the following:
- Follow a hypothesis driven approach to guide analysis related to target companies
- Drive data organization and identify gaps in data or information
- Develops diligence work plans, information requests, site visit agendas and any other required deal related information
- Conduct data analysis that results in identification of meaningful operational conclusions – includes electronic data room review, market research, etc.
- Conduct independent and 3rd party research (target company and industry)
- Prepare internal communications / presentations
- Participate in on-site and/or remote due diligence sessions with target company management
- Participate in site tours when applicable
- Participate in team deal review and modelling sessions
- Support internal initiatives focused on improving due diligence processes to drive higher return
The fund requires their M&A Operations Associates to be dynamic leaders capable of working with a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidate must be a quick study and a self-starter who is comfortable in an energetic and dynamic “roll-up-your-sleeves” culture. He or she will maintain composure and professionalism in demanding situations, naturally check their ego at the door, and possess the self-confidence, can-do attitude, and assurance to operate in this environment.
The fund’s executives must possess gravitas and intelligence to develop into trusted business partners, recognized for their business acumen and superior judgment. The ideal candidate will be able to build collaborative relationships with company management and internal M&A deal teams along with the larger global Operations group. He or she will exercise good judgement in valuating opportunities under compressed timelines, even when data is not fully complete.
Strong work ethic, outstanding technical credentials, and strong analytical skills, coupled with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years general business consulting or private equity operations experience
- Practical industry experience (either full time or through internships)
- Engineering or finance background is a plus
- Highly analytical with a solid understanding of Accounting, Finance and Operations (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Commercial Initiatives)
- Technically competent and curious; excellent productivity and software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to interact effectively with senior management
NICE TO HAVE:
- Analytical / Quantitative Skills: Demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” (e.g., opportunities) and quantify findings upon reviewing target company data
- Project Management: Proven ability to manage several deals at one time and prioritizing needs across each deal team without compromising quality
- Flexibility: Acknowledgement that this job is more of a lifestyle than work / life balance; ability to work towards meeting tight timelines and comfort with drawing conclusions with incomplete information
- Responsiveness: – Ability to respond to emails / calls within a reasonable turnaround, including over the weekend and evenings if required
- Collaborative Strengths: Works well within cross-functional teams to deliver results