|Location: London||Salary: £70,000 + bonus|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Digital, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adam Leach|
The way that people shop is changing, fast. My client is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer and have built a pioneering online shopping and fulfilment solution that has revolutionised the way people buy groceries.
At the cutting edge of retail and technology, my client is at an exciting stage of its development as it now seeks to expand its business overseas via partnerships with some of the world’s largest grocers and retailers.
With new opportunity, comes new complexity. As my clients business increases in scope and ambition, so does their need for strategic decision-making. New business models, new categories, new partners and new geographies all need to be assessed and the relative merits and risks of opportunities weighed up. This calls for clarity of thought, problem solving and robust data driven analytical strategy.
The Strategy Manager will work with the Head of Strategy in helping the Executive Board define a strategic vision for the business' future and to prioritise which opportunities to pursue. The role is crucial to helping shape the direction of a company at the forefront of a global market opportunity.
Strategic planning and analysis
- Leading strategic initiatives including day-to-day project management with oversight and support from Head of Strategy as needed
- Delivering insightful and practical implications through problem solving, desk research, cross-functional teamwork, business case development and financial modelling
- Structuring findings coherently into written presentations
- Communicating findings to Executives, Senior Management & other stakeholders
- Supporting Head of Strategy in preparation for workshops and annual strategy away days with the Board of Directors
Ongoing updates of market activity
- Regular monitoring of competitor and global e-commerce developments and innovations
- Compiling of periodic written summaries for circulation to the Executives and the broader business
- General ad-hoc analysis to support strategic decisions as needed
- Support the management and development of a junior resource in the team
- Excellent track-record at a strategy consulting firm or similar experience in industry
- Outstanding academics
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills, highly quantitative and comfortable with financial modelling
- Understanding of financial statements, financial analysis & basic accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of leadership, drive, independence, commercial acumen, curiosity and teamwork
- Retail, technology and/or entrepreneurial experience would be an advantage
What they can offer you
- Challenging and varied strategy project work
- Exposure to top management and all areas of the business
- Chance to build expertise across e-commerce, retail and technology
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, high-growth and ambitious culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Potential for exciting career progression