Our client is a global, market leading, Private Equity fund, who are looking to hire a Strategic Transformation Manager for one of their Germany-based assets, headquartered in the Bavaria region.
With over 2,000 stores across Germany, Austria, Italy and Croatia alongside its online shop, our client ranks as one of the largest retailers in the industry. Their product portfolio ranges from the latest fashions for the whole family to functional sportswear and home textiles.
Key elements of the impressive value creation plan of the Private Equity fund include a core focus on solid organic growth, expansion to new European markets, as well as M&A initiatives.
Our client is searching for a Strategic Transformation Manager to work closely Head of Strategy & PMO, in successfully implementing the Company’s comprehensive growth programme. Strategic PMO is a direct report of CEO, and a business-critical function. It is designed to help drive the company at a new pace in line with the CEO’s growth agenda.
As a Strategic Transformation Manager, you will be responsible for the successful and timely execution of key initiatives, which will include a broad set of strategic, commercial, operational, organizational and financial initiatives. The Manager will report directly into the Head of Strategy & PMO who works very closely with the key leaders of the business, including the CEO and CFO, both at headquarters but also at country level.
In support of the Head of Strategic PMO, the Manager’s responsibilities include – but will not be limited to:
- Strategy development/strategic planning
- Helping design and execute initiatives which reflect the management team’s key priorities, contributing to the overall success of the Company’s growth programme
- Helping set up key activities of the Transformation Office that will serve as the nucleus for managing the growth programme
- Supporting the members of the initiative teams, who will drive initiative implementation
- Acting as a change agent in a "challenge and support" role vis-à-vis the initiative owners, helping them deliver the targeted results
- Making sure the initiatives are resourced adequately to deliver their objectives (both internal and – where needed – external resources)
- Helping coordinate cross-functional initiatives
- A strategy consulting background is key.
- Sector interest in retail, fashion, consumer desirable
- Value creation experience ideally within some of the following areas:
- Commercial excellence
- Product development/ product launch execution
- Procurement/Sourcing/ make-or-buy decision making
- Operational transformation (supply chain management, lean operations)
- Working experience across Europe, ideally including CEE; with a good understanding and sensitivity to cultural differences
- German and English language skills