Our client is a leading engineering group within the aerospace, electronics, land systems and marine sectors.
Strategic Planning AVP / Senior Manager /will sit within the Group Strategy & Sustainability Office.
- A key member of the Chief Strategy & Sustainability Officer’s team
- “Strategy business partner” to selected Lines of Business (LOBs) and Business Areas (DBA/ GBA)
- Develop strategic points of views and insights for strategy discussions/ brainstorming sessions with the businesses and with the strategy team
- Help develop, frame and support execution of business strategies and deep dives at both business and/or group level for sustainable success over a wide range of businesses
- Drive Group Strategy Cycle including 5 year strategy plans and budget cycles working very closely with Group Finance. This would include developing the business guidance, strategic framing and supporting the respective businesses to develop and sharpen their strategies. This will also include aligning and integrating presentations from respective businesses into a coherent storyline for the Board and Senior Leadership
- Coordinate, consolidate and integrate the different sources of primary and secondary information for internal & external stakeholder communication (e.g. Investor Day, Senior Leadership presentations, key announcements and key meetings with external stakeholders)
- At times, facilitate, coordinate and front the group-level strategic partnerships with other global peers that will help create new capabilities for global businesses.
- Support and drive cadence of Leadership and Management Meetings
- Coordinate internal department and strategic community events to share best practices, further thought leadership and upskill overall strategic capabilities of the group
- 5-10 years experience in strategic planning, consulting, business development or equivalent
- Strategy consulting experience with a top tier management consulting firm
- Able to lead, plan and execute the strategic planning initiatives to design, develop and implement company’s vision, strategy and short & long-term strategic priorities in collaboration with senior management, board and functional heads
- Market entry studies, business turnarounds, detailed strategic roadmaps projects