The Barton Partnership has been retained to work with an organization that have demonstrated the ability to execute fiscal decisions and endure year-on-year growth, while continuing to develop their capabilities internationally across the Telecommunications landscape.
Due to industry growth and a desire to remain acquisitive, our client are looking to hire a Director, Mergers & Acquisitions to lead new business opportunities while supporting existing clients. Reporting to the Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions you will be asked to provide your commercial insight into the Telco industry along with the ability to efficiently deliver on large complex transactions. You will oversee the M&A pipeline and lead the deal process from prospecting and execution to ensure successful post-closing integration. This role is supported by a successful and tenured M&A team for you to lead, mentor, develop and grow.
The ideal candidate must have experience executing mergers and acquisitions within the Telecommunications industry to be strongly considered for this role.
Provided the autonomy to source and construct partnerships and investments in a different way, you will be responsible for all new projects, strategic partnerships and acquisitions. You will be responsible for partnering with multiple business units including Finance, Legal and HR, while leading a comprehensive process of evaluating potential new business opportunities. This position will provide a high level of exposure to c-suite executives internally and externally across the industry.
You will also be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Lead deal teams in sourcing, analysis, due diligence, and negotiation with acquisition targets
- Formulate comprehensive models to assess market size and 5-year growth for key market sectors
- Negotiate and structure partnerships for potential strategic investment or acquisition
- Develop a pipeline of targets through networking and leveraging relationships
- Prepare, evaluate, and present financial models and analyses to value projects and terms
- Interpret internal and industry data into recommendations in key areas of business
- Detailed target analysis modeling using KPIs and other drivers to estimate revenue and profitability
- Develop and prepare documents for senior management and board level meetings
- Direct the timeline, budget, and resources for business development projects
- Design, develop, and assess financial implications of solutions for strategic issues
- Monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports to senior management and executive team
The company's objective is to increase market share and maximize profitability and executing plans to make those objectives achievable. As the Director of Mergers & Acquisitions, you will be the key person to lead these initiatives while supporting the wider business.
Our client offers a competitive compensation, work-life balance and has been recognized throughout the industry for their core values and employee satisfaction. Furthermore, our client actively engaged in learning and development programs to support your continued professional development and have established core values that enable a progressive and collaborative culture.
- Proven track record sourcing & evaluating inorganic growth opportunities in the Telecommunications industry (required).
- 7-10+ years’ experience in Investment Banking or Management Consulting (ideally have moved into a corporate role).
- Experience executing end-to-end M&A transactions with strong financial analysis and modelling
- MBA degree required with relevant coursework.
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases supporting with numerical and qualitative analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with C-level executives and other senior leaders of the company
- Experience leading teams and developing strategies through to execution
- Advanced skillset in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to operate autonomously with a level of ambiguity
- Able to demonstrate professionalism in a corporate environment
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Mergers & Acquisitions position.
Back to job search
M&A / Corporate Development , Strategy