|Location: Boston||Salary: Competitive Compensation + Bonus|
|Sector: Energy / Oil & Gas / Utilities / Mining||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sofia Guijarro|
Our client is an international supplier of electricity and gas and one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world. As the company continues to grow globally, the company is looking to expand its strategic capability in order to address potential growth and market opportunities. Our client is looking to fulfil a Head of Strategy and Director of Strategy role as well as some junior positions.
The successful candidate will work directly with either the Head of Group & U.K./U.S. Strategy or the VP, U.S. Strategy and Technology. The two roles will work to support the Global Strategy team and the leadership team in facilitating, leading and coordinating the development of strategy positions across the U.S. and the U.K.
The position will play a key role in the shaping of functional strategies for the business; delivering the strategic framework, creating processes and supporting implementation. It will also include significant senior stakeholder responsibilities.
- Build strategic framework, priorities and shape global strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for supporting the development of a strategic business plan, inputting strategy perspectives and providing supportive challenge.
- Lead development and standardization of best practice strategy research, analysis and presentation tools and techniques to produce high quality, CEO-ready outputs. Coach relevant team-members on strategy best practices and tools.
- Partner with group and Global Strategy teams to ensure alignment
- Develop deep understanding of sector and market context in the U.S. and U.K. and build strong external relationships.
- Support business development and M&A work streams by providing relevant market/company insights and preliminary financial analysis for potential growth options.
- Challenge and help shape the functional strategies of the business.
- Build internal/external relationships related to the strategic projects.
- Understand consumer trends, competitive landscape, market environment.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- A strong strategic thinker, with the ability to see the big picture, but also address shorter term more tactical issues. Strategic ability should be balanced by a strong understanding of the operational and commercial challenges faced by a business and the factors which can derail the successful implementation of a strategy.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Considerable breadth and depth of experience of strategy formulation and analysis in large and complex corporate environments. The ideal candidate will have significant strategy experience developed either in a consultancy or corporate environment.
- Experience and understanding of the US energy sector, regulatory/technology/business issues impacting the industry and future trends is highly desirable. The optimal candidate will have industry experience and extensive strategy leadership experience.
- Strong analytical skills are essential, as well as familiarity with forecasting techniques and financial analysis.
- Experience of strategic and business planning.
- Considerable experience in enabling cross-functional teams, both internally and externally, to operate innovatively, effectively and efficiently.
- Considerable experience of corporate development activities including evaluation and development of strategic opportunities, and M&A transactions.
- Comfortable to work in a matrix organization and with multiple stakeholders. An ability to engage effectively at multiple levels.