|Location: London||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Leisure / Hospitality, Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Operations / Change / Transformation, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adam Leach|
We are currently working with the Strategy team of one of the leading travel and tourism companies within the market, who have made their name serving over one million customers, alongside winning numerous awards for their established work.
This role is new to the company, and requires the gravitas and strength of character to report and work alongside the board. Heavy emphasis is placed on the management of large complex projects with collaborative work to drive transformation.
As the business enters its next stage of consolidation and growth, there now exists a need to hire a senior level individual who will focus on providing enterprise wide support services across the business. They will be responsible for ensuring on time, in budget delivery of a significant business process improvement programme involving all aspects of the business. The fundamental objective of the BPI programme is to deliver a digitally and data led organisation that is both lean and agile in its operations.
Collaboration with the board is expected to establish strong project management and to deliver an agreed fit for purpose programme management methodology, alongside supporting the business in prioritising where its resources are invested. A customer first approach is necessary and rigour is required to ensure all deliverables, tangible and intangible are delivered to agreed timelines. Pace in this role is a necessity. Given the Private Equity ownership of the business financial efficacy both in the level of investment and financial return will be a primary measurable. This role needs to help the business challenge the status quo.
In the first instance the role will focus on updating and improving current business processes with a view to establishing a culture of constant improvement in its operations.
The role will have reporting to it a team of four/five business process analysts that already exist within the business as part of the Shared Services Team in finance. The successful candidate will need to recruit a small team of programme managers to support delivery.
- Track record of establishing robust project management disciplines in large and complex organisations.
- Ideally experience or a recognised qualification in Prince and six sigma methodologies.
- Excellent influencing skills, specifically:
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with team at all levels using a range of styles to suit the audience
- Strong written communication skills with experience of producing punchy PowerPoint documents for senior audiences
- Relationship building skills, with the ability to quickly build rapport, develop strong working relationships and work in diverse teams
- Advanced analytics and modelling skills
- Proven ability to take a hypothesis driven approach to solve problems from first principals
- Excellent organisational and planning skills and confident working with a number of demanding stakeholders, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Equally strong EQ and IQ
- Strong commercial acumen
- Highly numerate with the ability to absorb and synthesis a high quantum of information
- Strong collaboration skills
- Desire and ability to learn
- Computer literate with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.