|Location: London||Salary: £75,000 - £80,000|
|Sector: Energy / Oil & Gas / Utilities / Mining, Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Andrew Wilde|
We currently have an exciting position for a Strategy Associate to join a high-profile Strategy team for one of our established clients.
The role will sit within the Consumer Division CEO office. The Consumer strategy team is a small, high-performing team responsible for supporting the Consumer CEO in developing our clients Consumer divisional strategy.
Key deliverables for the team are producing analyses and insights to facilitate the development of the overall Consumer Strategy as well as materials for the annual strategic planning process.
The team also provides discrete project support to the MDs of the business units within the Consumer division, supporting them by addressing some of the highest priority strategic questions for their business area.
This is a great opportunity where you will work closely with senior management to ultimately shape the future of our client.
You will need to demonstrate the ability to think analytically, logically, and creatively, to define strategic approaches, develop and test hypotheses, and form compelling, evidence-based storylines to inform decision-making.
Ability to progress to next level in organisation is also important, as there is strong plan in place for progression within the team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Supporting discrete strategy projects within the Consumer division and for business units
• Support the annual strategic planning process, including ownership of the Consumer division financial model and outputs
• Supporting ad-hoc support requests for Consumer Division CEO, such as board and meeting briefs and internal and external communications
• Strategy professional, with at least 2 years experience within a top tier strategy consultancy and at least 4-5 years total career experience
• Broad project sector experience desirable. Priority sectors include Technology, Consumer Goods, Banking/Insurance and Energy/Utilities
• Experience working with ambiguity, unstructured problems and high independence
• Experience using strategic frameworks to devise approaches to answering strategic questions
• Experience developing structured communications and storylining
• Proven track record of working in high-performing teams and engaging with/influencing multiple stakeholders
• Track record of delivering projects, presentations, or reports for senior executives
• Experienced in financial modelling
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, in oral, written, and PowerPoint with good understanding of the needs of a senior audience
• Commercial acumen and an understanding of business drivers
• Ability to handle complex issue, multi-task, meet deadlines, and work on a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues
• Good presence and strong relationship building, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
• High intellect and a strategic, critical thinker
• Confident, self-aware, intellectually curious with a passion to succeed