|Location: London||Salary: £180-220,000 + Bonus|
|Sector: Telecoms / Media / Technology||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Burney|
This role presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of an iconic broadcast media brand, closely supporting the executive leadership team as they continue to navigate the journey of adapting to a digital world where content is increasingly consumed on demand and on multiple devices, and consumer preferences are shaped through multiple brand messages, including social recommendations.
The role will lead the Corporate Strategy team, who are responsible for the development of strategy, and will advise the Executive Team and Board on major strategic issues, providing information and analysis to support key strategic decisions and to implement long-term planning.
The department provide strategic, analytical and research support to departments across the business (commercial, creative and operational), gathering, analysing and communicating key market and strategic information to all parts of the business.
Projects carried out by the Strategy team significantly influence our proposition, multi-platform strategy, ad sales innovation, event bids, film distribution, programme rights acquisition, and distribution strategy.
The Director of Strategy will need to be conversant with the current issues and challenges facing the UK broadcast media landscape, policy and regulatory framework, and challenges facing linear TV viewing and will be responsible for developing and leading the next phase of the businesses strategy.
- To lead a high-performing team who deliver insightful strategic planning, implementation and analysis
- Has responsibility for setting the strategic direction of company alongside the CEO and Executives
- To quickly build and develop strong, trusted relationships across key departments (specifically Ad Sales, Commissioning, Consumer Insight, Finance, Technology, Product, Corporate Relations)
- To lead and provoke discussions on innovation and opportunities within the TV/Digital markets
- To develop an intimate understanding of the external marketplace which is used to continuously monitor strategic direction and activity
- To ensure the department has a deep knowledge of market developments and competitor intelligence
- To have a strong focus on ways to build performance, competitive position and viewer experience
- Maintains a comprehensive industry network
- Regularly participates in speaking opportunities at industry events, conferences and networks
- Is able to constructively challenge leaders whilst working collaboratively