|Location: Boston||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Energy / Oil & Gas / Utilities / Mining, Industrials / Business Services / Transport||Specialism: Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Victoria Montagu|
Our client, a boutique international strategy consultancy is continuing to expand their global footprint. Our client’s New York office is a priority investment area for the global firm. Over the past three years the office has grown quickly to over 40 employees, including 9 Partners. The firm’s client base in the region continues to grow and ranges from some of the largest companies in the world through to smaller, privately owned businesses. A key growth area for is in the US (both NY and Boston) in the B2B practice.
The 30-year history of the firm brings with it the benefits of a well-established consultancy, including client network and industry expertise. However, the size of the firm and, specifically, the New York office, means that our client largely avoids the bureaucracy that comes with a larger organization. The firm operates as a true meritocracy, and entrepreneurism is not only encouraged but is critical to an individual’s success.
The ambition is now to hire an Associate Partner who will share the firm’s ambition of building a leading B2B strategy capability serving US clients. This AP will have a core leadership role within both the B2B practice and the firm’s Boston or New York office. They will be supported extensively by the firm’s global leadership, by dedicated B2B Managers and Consultants, and by a number of Senior Advisors with deep industry expertise in the sector. The intention would be for this individual to have a clear and quick track to Partner.
- Previous experience within a top tier management consultancy firm.
- Deep knowledge and interest in the US B2B sectors.
- Experience of operating within and building relationships within the US.
- Able to build good professional and personal relationships with client teams at senior management levels.
- Mature demeanour and positive attitude, as well as discretion and sensitivity when dealing with clients.
- Team player and leader, open-minded, possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and add value.
- Highly organized and structured, with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Straightforward, focused attitude.
- High business ethics: honesty, respect for the individual and culturally unbiased.
- A highly numerate individual who is hypothesis and issue driven.
- A true appreciation for rigour.
-Analytical, clear thinkers who can recognise critical issues and dedicate his or her attention accordingly.