|Location: London & MENA||Salary: Competitive|
|Sector: Retail / Consumer Goods / Dot com||Specialism: Digital, M&A / Corporate Development, Operations / Change / Transformation, Strategy|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Adam Leach|
Our client is a is a fast growing (sales up 614% for 2018) consumer tech start-up headquartered in London. They are now looking to expand their proposition into Africa and are searching for a single individual to lead the development and delivery of their offering in this region.
This start-up is seeking an Africa Market Development Director for its rapidly scaling business in EMEA. You will lead the development of the company strategy for launching across Africa, and oversee execution / implementation.
Working across departments, your work output will be featured at the highest levels of the company, with real opportunity to influence business direction.
This role will be responsible for overall development of the Africa strategy. You will be expected to:
- Develop overall business plan in Africa
- Managing legal and regulatory assessment for key markets;
- Meeting with and assessing key potential business partners and stakeholders (e.g. local distributors and/or retail chains);
- Creating detailed launch plan for each priority market or regional cluster
- Building detailed financial models to assess market financials, and, as necessary, conducting research to understand consumer sentiment and market opportunity;
- Recruiting top-tier talent to support launches throughout Africa, including hiring of local leadership teams after achieving internal alignment on launch Africa strategy / prioritization.
Initially, the role scope will be to develop the overall strategy and opportunity prioritization, including meeting with potential key stakeholders across the continent.
You will work closely with the CEO, EMEA President and other key internal stakeholders, ultimately transitioning from developing strategy to overseeing execution. There are multiple development opportunities within this dependent on your personal and professional interests, this position can become a full-time in-market role – leading a specific markets or market clusters (e.g., GM for East Africa) with P&L responsibility – or continue as a London-based regional strategy position.
- Strong understanding of, or ideally experience in, the African market
- Sector expertise within FMCG
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for making a mark in fast-paced, growing environments
- Ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Strong background and comfort with modelling