A British icon, our client is a FTSE-listed, multinational, multi-category, omnichannel retailer, headquartered in London. Whilst known for their quality, freshness and innovation credentials as market leaders in their space, they are undergoing a major transformation programme that will set them up for success to capitalise on changing customer shopping patterns and create an even better value, differentiated business.
As Head of Strategy & Transformation, you will be tasked with shaping the strategic direction of the business over a rolling 3-year period whilst leading on special strategic projects. A change agent, you will be responsible for leading Group Transformation, managing the tracking of progress, providing challenge and helping to address issues in areas that fall behind.
You will lead on M&A opportunities, working with all necessary stakeholders across the Group.
It will be your responsibility to support the Finance Director in shaping the financial planning and reporting process, ensuring all strategic opportunities are supported with robust financials.
A team leader, you will be responsible for leading, developing and motivating a team of Managers and Analysts.
- Minimum 14+ years professional experience across strategy & transformation within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ideally a mix of strategy consulting and corporate strategy experience with top business leadership and a demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and matrix business environment however, pure strategy consulting will be considered.
- Deep expertise across Retail or broader Consumer is required.
- Passion for Food & Beverage is essential and whilst experience within this category is highly sought after, it is not essential.
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and large-scale programme management skills.
- Must be a passionate team-builder, have an ability to work well with multi-functional teams, be a strategic and creative thinker, comfortable with ambiguity, have a positive can-do attitude, and work well in a constantly evolving environment.
- Open and welcoming to change, be results oriented, be self-motivated and proactive, have exceptional problem-solving skills, and demonstrate ability to stay calm under stress and uncertainty, influencing the same in their team.
- Ability to move a cross-functional group and senior business leadership in a unified direction and a unified vision
- Experience in addressing sensitive business project issues by performing analyses and implementing appropriate strategic measures to address the issues.
- The ideal candidate will have had practical working experience in enterprise change, growth strategy implementation, strategic planning, and complex financial analysis.
- An excellent communicator who will convey information and instructions clearly.